Thursday, January 4, 2007

Will New City Council President Support Project?

http://indianasnewscenter.com/Story.aspx?preview=&type=ln&NStoryID=4731

Don Schmidt/(R) current City Council President: "Our only involvement really comes with the bond issue. And the bond issue will be for the baseball stadium. I don't think Council has any problem with the hotel, the parking garage, the condos, the retail."

It will be interesting to see what the new Council President has to say about the project, in light of the Council's current mood.

4 comments:

Emmett Greider said...

What is the Council's current mood?

brian spaulding said...

I believe the current mood is positive. The article mentions that the council is in support of the retail and housing portions of the project but are still looking into the financing portion of the ballpark.
A previous article on the blog ("Mayor calls stadium plan opportunity of lifetime")mentions tentative support from three current council members.

Anonymous said...

brian and scott,

I am also an IPFW student, and found out about your blog through word of mouth. I was wondering if I could get some contact information from you because I'd like to speak with you about a few items that I find no need to post on the blog itself. I am a huge proponent of this project and know that it is the right thing to do. I will give you my email so you can email me if either of you would like....if not, i understand. Here is my IPFW email address.....welcaj02@ipfw.edu.

thanks and keep up the good work

Adam Welch

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, President Don Schmidt will eventually support this project, but it is important to remember that the President of City Council holds no special legislative power. He has one vote just like the other 8.

Great job on the blog. If you support the project please write a letter to the editor of the Journal Gazette and News Sentinel.

Sam Talarico, Jr.